• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to reffer to Unit(Player number of player) instead of (integer A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So, I need to use the action: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_yourunit, #)

however I need to reffer to said unit in that way: udg_yourunit[PlayerNumberOfOwnerOfUnit()], #)

how can I reffer to specific player number instead of [GetForLoopIndexA()]

I need it because said unit is set for specific player number, like this :
  • Set UnitHorse[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
I need to set it to player number of owner of Picked Unit

Uhm, I'm not entirely sure I understand the problem. In what capacity does (For Loop A) not desirable for you?

JASS:
local integer PlayerNumber = 0

//Pick your unit

set PlayerNumber = GetOwningPlayer(GetEnumUnit())
set udg_UnitHorse[PlayerNumber] = CreateUnit(PlayerNumber, 'hors', x, y, 270.0)

Is that what you were looking for?

Level 7
If you already have what you need in GUI, then just copy that to a new trigger, convert it to custom text and you'll have what you need in JASS.

Level 11
I'm using GUI and I reffer to the unit as (example): Unit(player number of owner of picked unit), then I need to use a custom script to set the correct animation ("Play unit animation" glitches the animation) and I need to know how to reffer to "Player number of owner of picked unit" in the custom script instead of "GetForLoopIndexA"

Level 7
Spellbound said:
well the custom script would be

set udg_YourUnit[GetOwningPlayer(GetEnumUnit())] = bj_lastCreatedUnit
You can't use a player as an array index. You need to convert it to integer first.

Like I already said, take a GUI trigger line that refers to "player number of owner of picked unit", copy that line to a new trigger, convert that trigger to custom text and you will have your answer.

Oh, right, that...

*Ahem* it should be:
set udg_YourUnit[GetPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetEnumUnit())) + 1] = bj_lastCreatedUnit

The reason for the +1 is that in JASS, player 1 is actually player 0 (and so all player numbers are back one number), so to adapt it to GUI, you need to add 1 to it to match the integer that will show in the array.

Though for future reference, it's good practice to convert a GUI code and looking at the JASS like Anitarf suggested.

Level 11
Yeah I put the trigger into text and it worked! thanks all you guys!
It seems I didn't had to put the +1 at the end, because the animation seemed to work.

line: udg_UnitHorse[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetEnumUnit()))]
PS1: I added the +1 at the end and the animation didn't work, I think it doesn't need it at all because it worked without it.
PS: How do I declare it solved?

Last edited:
Level 7
Yeah, GUI triggers use GetConvertedPlayerId while Spellbound used GetPlayerId, that's why he needed the +1 and you didn't, because the function you used already has the +1 built into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.