• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to reduce lag in my trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Found a better solving:

Custom Script : set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true
If you pick each unit in playable map arena and check
- Unit is in TMPPickUnit1 equal to true
Than do...

Custom script removes the group from cache

also check to remove unit points ( they are most laggy )

Simply Use a point variable and set it to the position of checked unit. It works with 1000000000 ( endless ) unit positions if its used in a picked unit action.

Have fun with creating.

Level 8
Yeah so true .. But still remember that bj_wantDestroyGroup=true removes groups ( Delete / destroy ) from game!!

Also if you have

Set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true
Pick every unit in *mygroup* and do

the group *mygroup* wont be able to be used any longer.
All future actions wont work.

But if you check with

Set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true
Pick every unit in playable map area and do
if picked unit is in *mygroup* equal to true
than do...
else do...

The group is already alive and can be used for actions and so on.

Level 40
A) Its not small. It can cause really ugly lag. If you arent getting any from 200 a second, you have a REALLY good computer. And try leaving your comp on for 30m or so, and bad things will happen.

B) There is no reason not to clean up leaks. Thats like saying "getting poked with a needle doesnt really hurt, so i'll do it", and then poking yourself 1000000 times. Its like commiting suicide with a rusty cheese grater :p

Level 8
I have a normal 2,2 GHZ Amd Athlon PC with 256 mb workcache. Ok , with speedbooster but not so much.

I dont now what you really want!...

I noticed this :

Pick every unit in playable map area and do
^^
This saves EVERY unit in the cache. ( wont be removed by jass scripts )

Create a Special effect at ( Position of picked unit )
^^
Special effects wont be removed if you destroy them with trigger. They are already alive in the cache.
^^ ( part 2 : position )
The position of the unit will be saved. Only this part can full deleted from cache.

Always noticed that the other things are required for replays and so on. Also you cant clear the cache to nothing. I prefer cache safing and loading cause its the best way to decrase the load-after-time-after-a-map-was-played very much.

BUt anyways , everybody have to handle it himself.
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.