• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to overwrite Art - Player Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys,

i'm doing a td and some of my testers found out that many towers look ugly in their corresponding player color.

there is a field in section Art where you are able to choose either "Match owning Player" or select a specific player color for the unit.
i changed some colors from matching to a specific one, BUT when i test the game the color is overwritten/matching my player color.

i found some triggers for disabling ally color mode, but this didn't have any effect.

does somebody know how to force the game to use the player color specified in the Art section over the real player color?

thanks in advance

blackcud

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Vertex colouring and team colouring are 2 different things and do not affect each other.

Even if a unit is black the team colour still glows the colour of the owning player.

I think he is complaining about the team colour looking ugly and wanting a way to make all units of a certain type use a fixed team colour (no matter who owns it).

Level 2
u could use the transfer unit control trigger instead... there's an option to keep previous team colour or somethin like that... so just have the unit in whatever every team (the teamcolour u wan it in)... den transfer control without changing its colour... a bit troublesome tho....

or u could do a double transfer control trigger... one that transfer it to the team-colour u wan... n the other that transfers it back... i haven't tried it b4 too tho... :s

Level 4
maybe this helps, in object editor there is a field which says "Art - allow own teamcolour" which is by default on "false" ,try changing that, haven't checked it though

i tried this one, but it didnt have any effect either :-(

i will try using a trigger Player - Change Color

thanks thus far

*edit*

a trigger with event 'begins constructing structure' and trigger 'unit - change color' works -.- 80 towers to go... :_)

Level 18
Duh.

Here it is.

If you want all player units to suddenly change color, you have 2 options:

• Actions
    • Player - Change Color of The Player to Green, Changing color of existing units

• Actions
    • Player - Change Color of The Player to Green, Retaining color of existing units
If you want a single unit to change color, just do

• Actions
    • Unit - Change Color
The "Allow Custom Team Color" allows you to set in WE the team color of the units placed on the map. Further produced units have the player color.

Status
Not open for further replies.