• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to make waypoints and teleporters??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
IM sorry :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok i will try to explain better..:p You know escape builder right? when you build a waypoint and set the rallypoint of unit to a destination.. a unit will automaticly go to that point..right? so when you build for example 4 waypoints (buildings) a unit that enters will automaticly go to the rallypoint of the waypoints..so if you set the rallypoints to all the waypoints the unit will go trough all waypoints.. plz help me if you can :)
  • teleporter
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to teleport abi
    • Actions
      • Set castings = (Casting unit)
      • Set rallypoint = (Rally-Point of castings as a point)
      • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
      • Set hashtable[3] = (Last created hashtable)
      • Hashtable - Save Handle Ofteleporter loop <gen> as 3 of 3 in hashtable[3]
      • Trigger - Turn on (Load 3 of 3 in hashtable[3])
  • teleporter loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set rallypoint = (Rally-Point of castings as a point)
      • Unit Group - Add all units of (Units within 100.00 of (Position of castings) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) to teleportgroup
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in teleportgroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to rallypoint, facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit Group - Remove all units from teleportgroup
i started like this...plz help im not good at this!!

Last edited:
Level 37
Move

Hashtable - Create a hashtable
Set hashtable[3] = (Last created hashtable)

to map initialization trigger. You don't need to create a new hashtable when you cast the spell. Create it only once, at map initialization.

If I understood you correctly, then this is what you need:

• Untitled Trigger 033
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Unit_1 = (Trained unit)
      • Set Temp_Loc_1 = (Position of Temp_Unit_1)
      • Set Temp_Loc_2 = (Rally-Point of (Triggering unit) as a point)
      • Unit - Move Temp_Unit_1 instantly to Temp_Loc_2
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Temp_Loc_1 using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Temp_Loc_2 using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc_1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc_2)
It teleports trained units to the rally point of the training building. But I have a feeling I mis-understood you. Could you rephrase what you're trying to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.