• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make unit cast Healing Salve through triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi
I have an unit
This unit has ability based on healing salve
How can I order it to cast this ability through triggers?

I think that Heart of Tarrasque in dota is based on this so it should be possible somehow!
Any ideas?

Alternatively: Can I somehow order an unit to use an item on another unit?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I don't think there is an order code for Healing Salve ability.
Every user interaction that alters gameplay should have an order ID. Not all order IDs have an order string though.

In the case of items like wand of illusion (so probably healing salve as well) you need to order the unit to cast the order ID. The order ID is obtained through experimentation (printing order ID of all orders that are made and seeing what gets printed when you cast the ability).

Level 37
With
  • OrderID
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set udg_i = GetIssuedOrderId()
      • Custom script: call BJDebugMsg(OrderId2String(udg_i) + " ---- " + I2S(udg_i))
it just displays the inventory slot order. The OrderId2String is null.

Level 11
Heart of Tarrasque isn't based on healing salve. It has an enabled and disabled version. When you take damage from a player the enabled version is replaced with a disabled version, until you go 10 seconds without taking damage from a player owned source. Same with Blink Dagger.

Level 11
Try giving it as a castable ability to a unit and trying.

It returns 852609, thanks!
Now, the main question still remains: how do I order my unit to cast it? I know there's a 'call IssuePointOrderById' function, so I guess it will be something around these lines... But I don't know the exact string (call IssueUnitOrderById? call IssueObjectOrderById? )

Last edited:
Level 11
It's call IssueTargetOrderById, not call IssueTargetOrderByID.
ThumbsUp250.gif

Level 11
You could base the ability off of a summoning ability that summons a dummy unit and use "Unit enters playable map area", then save the unit's location.

Status
Not open for further replies.