• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to make this ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
im trying to make this seemingly simple yet impossible ability based off of poison arrows, and all it does is it kills the unit with the poison arrow buff if its hp is below a certain set value.

but the problem is, with the ability on auto-cast, using JASS functions, there is no way to 'GET' the target unit with the buff.

and i dont want to use the awfully implemented 'a unit is attacked' event.

so how is this possible?

Level 3
The_Raven said:
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Black Arrow) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)

~The_Raven

but doesnt that action put high strain on cpu? what if there are alot of units on the map, this checking is gonna take along time?

Level 3
The_Raven said:
I have never seen this cause noticable lag.

~The_Raven

okay but i have another problem? which event will trigger with the usage of the auto-casting ability poison arrows, BESIDES 'a unit is attacked'?

Level 3
The_Raven said:
Unit - A Unit Begins Casting an Ability
Unit - A Unit Starts the Effect of An Ability

Timer - Periodic Event

~The_Raven

no, a unit starts the effect or begins doesnt trigger with the auto-casting of poison arrows

Level 2
How would I make a mass raise dead spell? I know i would need to use triggers, but im so confused. what do i need 2 do?

Level 2
I didnt mean it like that, instead of having raise dead make 10 skeletons from one corpse, i meant having it raise 2 skeletons from every corpse around the caster, like animate dead, except skeletons

Status
Not open for further replies.