• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make potions stack Pleas help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi im makin an RPG. And, lets say you pick up 6 Small Red potions. Instead of having each small red potion take up a space in your inventory, i want it so it stacks.

So, if i have 1 small red potion, and pick up another, it says i have 2 small red potions, in the same inventory square. this is a MUST for my game to work. plz help me

Level 14
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f414/cg-inventory-stacking-84998/

Substantially superior to RDZ's system in many ways. Requires less effort in setting it up, easier to maintain, doesn't require duplicate items, and so on, and easier to use too.

BUT my system will cause queued orders to screw when you stack an item with a 'full' inventory. If you can't live with that, you'll need to use the rune-duplicate method.

RDZ's system is slightly better basically in terms of result, but takes a lot, lot more work, triggering and object data.

Status
Not open for further replies.