• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to make MUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
It's been a long time since I've tried creating any spells and even looking at an older one I made I can't tell what I'm doing wrong that makes this not MUI. I've attached a map with my spell on it, what's not working is it doesn't un-pause some units when it should be.

Please note that I am using Bribes Unit Indexer and Knockback2D for this spell.

• Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Crowd
    • Actions
      • Set S_Index = (Custom value of (Triggering unit))
      • Set S_Caster[S_Index] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set S_Target[S_Index] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set S_TempPoint = (Position of S_Target[S_Index])
      • Set S_GroupAmount = 0
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 900.00 of S_TempPoint matching (((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is Able to attack ground units) Equal to True)) and ((((Matching unit) is A peon-type unit) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set S_TempUnit = (Picked unit)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of S_TempUnit) Equal to (Owner of S_Caster[S_Index])
            • Then - Actions
              • Set S_GroupAmount = (S_GroupAmount + 1)
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack S_Target[S_Index]
            • Else - Actions
              • If (S_TempUnit Not equal to S_Target[S_Index]) then do (Unit Group - Add S_TempUnit to S_PausedGroup[S_Index]) else do (Do nothing)
      • Trigger - Turn on Effect Loop <gen>
      • Set S_Damage = (((Real(S_GroupAmount)) + (Real((Intelligence of S_Caster[S_Index] (Include bonuses))))) + ((Real((Level of Crowd for S_Caster[S_Index]))) x (Real((Level of S_Caster[S_Index])))))
      • Unit - Cause S_Caster[S_Index] to damage S_Target[S_Index], dealing S_Damage damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Set S_DamageString = (Integer(S_Damage))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of S_Target[S_Index] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathPact\DeathPactTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(S_DamageString)) above S_Target[S_Index] with Z offset 10.00, using font size 9.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 50.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.25 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.75 seconds
      • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_S_TempPoint)
  • Effect Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set S_LoopTime[S_Index] = (S_LoopTime[S_Index] + 0.03)
        • If - Conditions
          • S_LoopTime[S_Index] Less than 3.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in S_PausedGroup[S_Index] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set S_TempLoopUnit[S_Index] = (Picked unit)
              • Set S_TempKey = (Custom value of S_TempLoopUnit[S_Index])
              • Special Effect - Destroy S_Effect[S_TempKey]
                • If - Conditions
                  • (S_TempLoopUnit[S_Index] is paused) Equal to False
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Pause S_TempLoopUnit[S_Index]
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of S_TempLoopUnit[S_Index] using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderclapTarget.mdl
                  • Set S_Effect[S_TempKey] = (Last created special effect)
                  • Set CenterPoint = (Position of S_Caster[S_Index])
                  • Set TargetPoint = (Position of S_Target[S_Index])
                  • Set Knockback2DAngle = (Angle from CenterPoint to TargetPoint)
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CenterPoint)
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TargetPoint)
                  • Set Knockback2DTime = 1.25
                  • Set Knockback2DDistance = ((Real((Level of Crowd for S_Caster[S_Index]))) x 75.00)
                  • Trigger - Run Knockback 2D <gen> (ignoring conditions)
                  • Set Knockback2DUnit = S_TempLoopUnit[S_Index]
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Set S_LoopTime[S_Index] = 0.00
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in S_PausedGroup[S_Index] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set S_TempLoopUnit[S_Index] = (Picked unit)
              • Set S_TempKey = (Custom value of S_TempLoopUnit[S_Index])
              • Special Effect - Destroy S_Effect[S_TempKey]
              • Unit - Unpause S_TempLoopUnit[S_Index]
              • Unit Group - Remove S_TempLoopUnit[S_Index] from S_PausedGroup[S_Index]

Attachments

• Crowd.w3x
    35.2 KB · Views: 40
Level 16
Hello. I attempted to fix the map for you. However I didn't notice any strange things about pausing (maybe what you are referring to in the main post is because the base spell is storm bolt and the main target is stunned for a really long time), only an issue with the MUI attribute of the spell, which I fixed already.

The knockback seems a bit strange, you may want to into it.

Test map attached.

Attachments

• Crowd.w3x
    35.8 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.