• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make Intel not increase a heroes mana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a hero which is based off of rage. His mana needs to be capped at 100. I don't want people to be able to buy an intel item and increase it, as that defeats the purpose. Is there a way to prevent intel from increasing mana on certain heroes?

Level 2
sorry about my dumb questions, I got it now. I'm new and I get frustrated easily with this stuff.

Level 2
So, how do I make it only work for a specific unit through variables? And sorry for triple post, I was going to try to delete my previous ones, but found out I couldnt.

Level 2
you buy the unit. It seems I can't choose any of the variables in the list as an unit for this trigger.

Level 2
No, it's bought. There is no queue time, they spawn instantly and are from Taverns. Does that change anything?

Level 2
Well, the only thing really going wrong for me is that I cannot use a variable as my option for "UNITS mana becomes Greater than 100, set mana to 100". It doesn't allow me to use a variable where it says UNIT.

Level 2
alright, thanks a million, and yeah I made a variable for my hero.

Edit - Ah, see, I'm trying to make the mana set to 100 for only one certain hero, not all heroes.

Level 29
with the variable it will only set it to one hero if u add conditions. U can use only a variable instead of a variable array like i did. Then u set the unit to that variable. when that specific unit is bought.
u just do a unit type condition so only that unit will be put into the variable. if u have multiple units u will need to increase an integer to keep track of the max index for the unit.

This will work for only one unit and it will work if u have more than one unit of that unit type

Attachments

• set mana to 100 for AlloyJ.w3x
    12.9 KB · Views: 28
Level 2
I'm just trying to select my custom hero as a target for the mana limit - how can I do that easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.