• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make blight without dirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
if i delete this dirt with grass appers again in game(not in editor) after save
it is possible to fix this?

Attachments

• Blight FAIL.jpg
    Blight FAIL.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 154
Level 11
That's just the way Blight works, I don't think there is a way to change that.

You also won't be able to control is undead structures that generate blight as they will do the same thing.

However, You can try to blend your tiles better - it look may more natural by moving your grass to the left in the 'modify tileset' window.

Level 18
I think that the table in War3.mpq > TerrainArt\Terrain.slk was responsible for generating dirt in tiles adjacent to Blight. You have to edit the table and import it in your map with the same path. I don't know if it'll crash the game, though. If not, search other .slk files.

Level 11
Paint with blight, fill areas around it again with grass?

Tho that's how blight works, it rips the land around it, so for ambience, you should keep the dirt around it.

if blight is more then 1/2 from map or little bigger then my jpg example
don't work if '' fill areas around it again with grass '' work in editor but in game
[DON'T disappears dirt] . . . i want to remove this dirt ..

Level 12
Depending how blight is placed, you may be able to trigger it lol. It would be a huge pain to handle though haha. Basically you'd have to check the tiles around the blight when it is created and save their tile type and then change the tiles back after the blight is down.

Seems like a ton of work and there are likely to be bugs (like it may flicker between dirt and grass).

Status
Not open for further replies.