• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a Shockwave with infinite range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Any ideas how to make a shockwave be cast that travels forever and damages any unit it comes in contact? I tried editing the object editor and that doesn't do it.

I suspect a dummy is going to be needed. Any ideas on the best way to go about this?

Thanks! And rep to any good ideas! =)

PS: I can get a shockwave to travel forever, I just can't get it to damage anything. Alas!

Level 3
Your problem is likely related to the maximum damage. Spells like Shockwave and Carrion Swarm will only do as much damage as their Maximum Damage will allow, and will completely ignore any units that go over that limit. Set it to a higher value.

Level 3
Another fact that might help is when you are editing the maximum range and damage of your spell, press shift + enter on it or just shift + double click. This allows you to set the maximum range and damage to 1 billion indead of 1 million (although 999,999 should probably be enough, this can help you with other spells).

Status
Not open for further replies.