• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a respawn for hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hey guys, i need some help on how to make my hero
respawn just like in DOTA and in Fight of character,

and how to
-set the time of respawn.
-set the region where to respawn my hero.

thx

Level 13
  • Events
    • Unit - A Unit dies
  • Conditions
    • triggering Unit is a Hero equal to true (in boolean comparison)
  • Actions
    • Wait - wait 20 seconds
    • Unit - instantly revive triggering Unit at center of <your region> ahowing revival animation
create the region in region palett in select it in the trigger then

Level 2
hey how do i make the

Unit - instantly revive triggering Unit at center of <your region> ahowing revival animation

cuz i cant find it in the "Unit" what is its original name in the "Configure action" botton

Level 5
i think it would be better to use the event, 'a unit becomes revivable'
then for the action, u create a countdown timer and name it X (or wateva u want) then start this timer with # seconds, up to u to decide, can also have a formula, e.g. 10 seconds + level of hero x 3 or soemthing.
remember to store the triggering unit in a variable

make a second trigger that detects when the timer expires in your first trigger, and then the action would be to revive (stored unit) at (wherever).

u will need this sort of trigger if you want a revival system similar to dota (since dota revival is based on hero level) and also, optionally u can add the dota revival countdown timer using a leaderboard. this wouldnt be possible if you simply used the wait function, because the wait function is inaccurate.

the revival system for FOC is far simpler, u can go straight from 'unit becomes revivable' to 'revive hero at bla bla' in one trigger

Level 4
yeah you can do it very simple like numerion does but then every time the respawn time is 10 sec. equal at each lv
i also wound recomend pozor's system then the respawn time increase for each lvl

Status
Not open for further replies.