• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to load it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ehi guys. Why doesn't the World Editor load this skin? It's for a High Elf Druid but nope, when I tried to rename it as the Furion texture, it shows only the team glow of the model. If you try the texture path is: units\NightElf\Furion\Furion.blp

Attachments

• Freywinn.blp
    206.3 KB · Views: 60
Level 4
This should work!

Ok i dont know how to do the first step but i know that all skins ie usewd like it work...
1: make an .mdx ver of the file.
2: import the mdx and dont worry about the path.
3: open up the object editor and find furion (units, NE, Campaign, heros)
4: find the thing titled "Art - Model File" double click it.
5: click the "import" bullet and find the skin. should be the only one unless you are using others.
6: press "ok" exit the object editor and place the furion unit somewhere on the map.
7: save the map and then if you have to (if the change dont show) restart WE.

If that dont work im sorry but i cant help you any more than that.
Good Luck!

werewulf would be correct in his analysis, the best way to avoid this problem is to make sure when creating a skin that you only ever convert it between blps and targas and make sure that you save the alpha channel at any time that you convert it between the two, this way the original skin will have its alpha channels intact and they will not screw with the new skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.