• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to host in warcraft 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
well before i just needed to firewall down and router and everything was good.

someone said enable dmz. or something. but what more can i do.

someone also added my internet provider can have canceld the ability for people to open ports.

well what can i do that it works 100%. to be able to host and open ports.

tell me plx if you know plx

Level 6
You can use playdota.eu bot to host games, and you will be able to do it, regardless of your router settings or etc.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You need to tell the incomming packets (I think they are UDP) to arrive at the appropiate port on your computer. The reason you cannot host is either due to a firewall blocking those packets or due to you being behind a NAT which WC3 lacks the logic to resolve a specific machine behind (so the NAT discards the packets as it does not know where to send them).

When you set the firewall on your "router" you are actually telling the NAT how to treat certain types of incomming packets on certain ports (where to send them). This is why you cannot have 2 machines hosting WC3 games using the same port behind the same NAT as there is no way to tell the incomming packet desternations appart.

Status
Not open for further replies.