• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] How to hide buff icon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys !

I have a question like this: If I cast a certain spell (with buff), say Anti-magic Shell on a unit, how can I hide the buff icon on the unit Status parameter ?

Any solution using the editor or GUI trigger is welcome. Thank you very much !

Level 33
or set the icon to a blank black icon.
This can't be accepted because it will bug out the default buff system in Warcraft III.
Let's say you have 3 buffs, the 2nd buff is the blank icon.
When you apply the buff to the unit in order (1st buff... 2nd buff... 3rd buff...), you will notice there will be a "gap" of icon in-between 1st and 3rd buff in the UI of your unit.
It does not affect the map in general but it affect visually that can be seen by Players, it looks unprofessional.

As ruler said, you need to trigger the effect, starting from the spawn of SFX on the unit, to the duration of the SFX stays on the unit.

Level 4
How can I trigger the spell's effect ? Currently I'm using a dummy unit to cast the spell on the main unit, so what should I do now ?

P/S: I tried Rozll0rt's method, but it turns out that even the spell effect got removed along with the buff, and I only want the buff to be removed :(. Thanks anyway !

Level 20
Try replacing the Ability default buff with Tornado Slow aura buff. It does nothing and doesn't display, but some abilities doesn't allow their buffs to be changed that way.

You could also import a black icon and add it to the buff. It will display black... it's something xD

@Spart - your last method is the same as setting the icon to none... which will look bad as deff said...

I believe TSA buff only doesn't show because of how TS is set-up... Because even if you use a buff based on other things like stun buff, as long as the base aura is TS, it still won't show... so the buff might actually show if you use a different spell as the buff placer... I did not test that way though...

and triggering Anti-magic shell could well be not so easy...

Level 4
Hi muzzel,

If I do it your way, it will show in the Command Area instead, which literally means the same thing. I want to clear every trace of the Magic Immune stuff, so I need something that applies the effect, not the visuals.

Thank you for the idea anyway !

Status
Not open for further replies.