• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] How To Get Triggered AI To Build On Water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Pretty much the title, I'm trying to trigger an AI to be able to build certain naval units on water terrain, but it either simply skips this or just jumps straight to the next building I have triggered for it, regardless of how close its builder is to the water. The method I use to make it build structures on land is quite simplistic, so I'm wondering if anyone can give some advice on how to make it able to detect, and then build naval structures if there is water nearby.
Thanks in advance.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I would try finding a costal point from their base and then tracing it back till they find land. Then keep searching around till a place that suits construction is found.

If your map as few buildable water areas, hard code the positions and get the AI to search from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.