• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Flash Border?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well since new DotA is released , and some of you probabbly heard about it .

Well on topic
When any ability is in cooldown , it changes the border to black , and when it's near to fill again , it slowly changes the border color to white . How did they manage to do that? Border - the around icon (white thing).

If someone explains , I will give +rep.

Level 5
Well, from what I saw when observing my friends.
All I believe is, it has to do with "Game Interface: Model - Command Button - Cooldown" (UI-Cooldown-Indicator.mdl)
because it fade everything that have cooldown or even restocking item/units.

I'm not modeler, so not sure about it though.

Level 11
UI\Feedback\Cooldown\UI-Cooldown-Indicator.mdx is a cooldown moel/animation.
When you use a spell this model shows over an icon, in four corners, upleft,downleft... first triggers upright, then downright, then downleft and then upleft. you can change animation of UI\Feedback\Cooldown\UI-Cooldown-Indicator.mdx, models is very very small, so you have to increase model size before you can see it actualy.
UI\Feedback\Cooldown\cooldown.blp is a skin path for that model also very small i think, but size isnt matter i think.
All of this i wrote isnt 100% sure. Didnt test all of it. I'm just "giving you a direction".

Edit: Also similar to that you have UI\Widgets\Console\Human\CommandButton\human-activebutton.blp , when you click on spell or a comman you see green surrounding the icon, UI\Widgets\Console\Human\CommandButton\human-activebutton.blp is a normal 64×64 icon, you can change it also to have new look.

Status
Not open for further replies.