• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] how to double click to screen focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I want to be able to trigger the screen moving for a player to the hero on double clicking

When you double click the hero icon in the top left corner or press F1 twice fast it not only selects the hero but takes your screen to the hero. How can i do this for the player without human interaction?

Last edited:
Level 5
Move Cammera to position of unit for player

Or Lock Cammera for player to Unit
then Unlck Cammera for player?

• T
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Triggering unit) Equal to u[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
        • Then - Actions
          • Set p = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to p over 0.00 seconds
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p)
        • Else - Actions
          • Set u[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Triggering unit)
or

JASS:
struct Test extends array

private static unit array U

private static method run takes nothing returns nothing
        local unit u   = GetTriggerUnit()
        local player p = GetTriggerPlayer()
        if u == U[GetPlayerId(p)] then
            if GetLocalPlayer() == p then
                call PanCameraToTimed(GetUnitX(u), GetUnitY(u), 0.00)
            endif
        else
            set U[GetPlayerId(p)] = u
        endif
        set u = null
        set p = null
    endmethod

private static method onInit takes nothing returns nothing
        local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
        local integer i = 0
        loop
            exitwhen i > 11
            call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(t, Player(i), EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SELECTED, null)
            set i = i+1
        endloop
        call TriggerAddAction( t, function thistype.run )
    endmethod
endstruct

Level 5
I think i didn't understood you but, if u hold mouse button clicked on portrait, it will lock cammera onto the unit

Level 13
I think i didn't understood you but, if u hold mouse button clicked on portrait, it will lock cammera onto the unit

yea i know this, and this is the affect i wanted, holding the mouse on it isnt even what i need though just 1 click to go to the area of the unit.

But i think this is not possible to be done in this manner that i need it. I already thought of the ways you and kobas gave me for ideas but it isnt the same affect i needed :/

Edit:
i kinda figured out what i need to do

Last edited:
Level 5
Base Divine shield on other (fake divine shield) spell with will do nothing but will activate trigger that will force triggering unit to cast true shield from hidden spellbook, fake shield should be spell like war stomp(i think) or some summon[some spells are casted by all picked units and some only by one, like Druid of the Talon, Cyclone is casted only by one and Bird Form is casted by all]

Hmm... But i think that only one hero can be selected in group, to cast 2 shields/holy lights/resurrects you need to cast then tab and cast on one another =)

Maybe tell us why do you need all of this or post map... don't know... maybe it will make help you easier

Status
Not open for further replies.