• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] How to do this in mui?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I need to pick the unit that comes when i use staff of illusion. I quess i could use pick units with buff illusion or something, but then again it would cause problems when i do actions to unit since if multiple people should use it. Again bad explanation but maybe someone can solve this brain puzzle.

Level 6
Ok knew it, but here we go.

So im trying to make spell that creates illusion of the hero and then the hero goes invisible. Image stays the same place as hero so you wont notice the hero going invisible. The image shouldnt be able to move and it would explode dealing damage and maybe freezing enemies near it after short while.

that kind of spell im trying to make..

vhx

vhx

Level 3
Should be fairly easy:
Wind walk caster.
Create a custom unit at the position of the caster. (The unit will have 0 move speed and cannot move)
Wait x Seconds
Kill Last Created Unit.
Optional: Add explosion special effect.
Optional: Kill last special effect.
Trigger some area damage.

Should be fairly straight forward.

Level 29
*ignoring previous replies as they are not even good*

Ok ill start with the main problem: you can't make your clone to be with 0 collision and thus you can't create it at your hero's position but near it.

I think the only solution for this would be storing the point and angle your hero is in, then moving the hero to some other place in the map.
Then you will clone him and move the clone to the stored point and face him to the angle.

For the windwalk, add your hero windwalk and order him to cast, and then move him too to the stored point (he will be moved NEAR the point because the clone is there).

If you want this to be MPI, just use arrays.
If you want this to be MUI, use jass.

Oh and just as a side note.
If you don't want to add ability and then remove because the player may see it, you can just base the ability on windwalk.

Level 6
*ignoring previous replies as they are not even good*

Ok ill start with the main problem: you can't make your clone to be with 0 collision and thus you can't create it at your hero's position but near it.

I think the only solution for this would be storing the point and angle your hero is in, then moving the hero to some other place in the map.
Then you will clone him and move the clone to the stored point and face him to the angle.

For the windwalk, add your hero windwalk and order him to cast, and then move him too to the stored point (he will be moved NEAR the point because the clone is there).

If you want this to be MPI, just use arrays.
If you want this to be MUI, use jass.

Oh and just as a side note.
If you don't want to add ability and then remove because the player may see it, you can just base the ability on windwalk.

y thats true that i could use windwalk as base. But when i use ww the collision of hero goes to 0? the problem still is how to select the image and move it or order it do something. maybe its impossible in gui? if so then i dont wana do this spell of mine :<

Level 19
LoL you can make it MUI and even deal stat (or custom) damage
When unit uses Windwalk
make dummy cast staff of illusion
When unit is summoned
if it has Freezing Illusion buff
Turn off the collision for it
and make it explode after few seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.