• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to Detect a unit's Current order as hold position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I think the hold order is issued instantly, like a spell with no target and the unit not having a spell cast delay.

You could track a unit's most recently issued order using a trigger.
I'm not 100% sure if stuns would break hold position though.

Level 13
So there is no actual way to detect if a unit is currently in hold position stance? Also i dont think the stun (like with a bolt) is the hold position order is it?

I guess i could track it with triggers but its almost not worth doing because this one case of checking a hold position unit probably isnt worth the overhead of checking every unit in the map doing the hold position order and then tracking doing any other order to no longer be in hold position.

Status
Not open for further replies.