• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how to create "hints" and messages in game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Thread closed

Hi all, i am a newbie and wanna ask about "hints" and messages that appeared in warcraft games. Like for example, if u start playing a certain campaign, sometimes a message will appear " hint: bla bla bla..." after 10 seconds or so. My question is how to create this kind of messages in the trigger editor?

Any help provided will be greatly appreciately.:as:

Last edited:
Level 9
Setup hints.
  • Setup Hints
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Game_Hints[1] = Pie.
      • Set Game_Hints[2] = Cookies.
Hints show.
  • Hints show.
    • Events
      • Time - Every 60.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Game_Hints[(Random integer number between 1 and 2)]

Level 4
Setup hints.
  • Setup Hints
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Game_Hints[1] = Pie.
      • Set Game_Hints[2] = Cookies.
Hints show.
  • Hints show.
    • Events
      • Time - Every 60.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Game_Hints[(Random integer number between 1 and 2)]

thanks for showing me the starting time. ;)

• Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffcc11Hint:|r Use the search Luke!

Thanks for showing me how to add the colour code, at 1st i didnt know what the hell is the random letters. :)

I recommend using
  • Quest - Display to (All players) the Hint message: Message
Because the Hint sound will be played then.

~Renschi

Thanks for showing me the sound systems :)

thanks all for helping, thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.