• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Create Disabled Buttons / Passive Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi every1,
could any1 of you super-pros gimme a lil tutorial on how to create Disabled Buttons / Passive Buttons on the Basis of an existing Icon?

thx for ur help :oops:

Level 2
yeah, that i know, but HOW do i make it look like a passive Icon, which Tool do u use and which effect or template

Level 4
i make my disabled icons in a pretty easy way using photoshop, this is how

first u make a custom non-passive icon, save that as BTNname.tga,
then, select the image (not border) with the rectangular marquee tool, then press ctrl+shift+i (this will select inverse), then go to edit>fill: black, deselect the border, use the gradient tool to fade out the edges a bit, then press ctrl+u (hue/saturation) then put the lightness to -50%, finally save as DISBTNname.tga, convert it to .blp and VOILA! u have a disabled icon

for a passive icon, do all the same, but dont change the lightness, and save it as PASBTNname.tga but then u need to make a DISPASBTNname.tga

if u have photoshop, use do this method, if not... well... i dunno :wink: hope this wasnt too complicated

(some hotkey combinations may be dodgy, i use a mac, so with a PC you have to replace the "apple/comand" button with ctrl)

Status
Not open for further replies.