• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

How to create damage aura?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
you create an aura which only affects enemy units, which does basically nothing other than to provide a specific buff to enemy units. then you make a trigger which picks every unit in the entire map and checks if that unit has that specififc buff. and then you add a "cause aura wielding unit to damage picked unit for xxx damage" action.

i'm not really sure if this would work if you have more than one unit which can have the aura.

Level 10
Alternate method:

Create an ability based on Permanent Immolation (for a passive aura, or regular Immolation if you want to be able to turn it on/off). Make it as many levels as you can (I think 100 is the limit). Set the damage amount at each level to be equal to the current level, so level 1 = 1 damage per second, level 2 = 2 damage, etc. Works best if this is a unit ability rather than a hero ability.

Then, have a periodic trigger (every 1 second should be fine although you can tune it up or down) that sets the current level of your aura ability for the hero to the hero attribute you want to scale off of.

This is my go-to method for RPG hero abilities that scale off of a stat like this.

Level 10
What is a "damage aura"? An aura that provides damage to your allies, or an aura that damages enemy units?

Ooh, good question. I was assuming it was the latter.

If @outta_space was looking for an aura that buffs friendly units' attack damage, my same solution will work, you'll just want to use Command Aura instead of Permanent Immolation.

Hope this helps!

Level 1
Yeah, i meant aura that gives damage to allies.
If @outta_space was looking for an aura that buffs friendly units' attack damage, my same solution will work, you'll just want to use Command Aura instead of Permanent Immolation.
This worked, i was thinking about it, but i used trueshot aura instead. And for some reason i couldnt set damage value to more than 10, if i tried to set to 100 for example, it automatically lowered to 10.
Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.