• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to Alpha with Photoshop CS? PLZ TELL ME I BEG YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Guys you don't know how happy it would make me if someone told me step by step how to alpha parts of a skin out. Please people I beg you :!: :!: :!: :!: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol:

1. Open Paint Shop Pro 7.
2. Open your skin.
3. Go to the 'Masks' tab at the top and go to 'Load from Alpha Channel' .
4. Select the "Alpha Channel 1" .
5. Now go to 'Masks' again and click the 'Edit' button.
6. Now on the right side you will see a grey-scale color selector. Select 100% black and the paint the skin in the area that you want to disappear.
7. After you "Alphaed" all you want, go to the 'Masks' tab and 'Save to Alpha Channel'.
8. NOW SELECT ALPHA CHANNEL 1 to save over it. Don't have more than one alpha channel!!!!!
9. Ok, now save the skin and quit. There ya go!!!

Photoshop - By KDEWolf
(NOTE: Photoshop 7.00 turns alpha channels into transparent, what sucks, so be sure to get 7.01 patch ASAP! If for some reason you can't upgrade, there is a plugin that fixes this. Found Here - Thanks to Larkas for the Plugin!)

1. Open the skin file
2. Click 'Channels' int the layers panel
3. Select 'Alpha 1'
4. then just edit (notice you'll edit grescale, where black is transparency and white opaque, allowing variations)

TIP: The 'eyes' at the left of the channels and layer names show and hide the layer/channel.

tutorial made by draco

Status
Not open for further replies.