• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] how to add skin to certain player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So what i'm trying to do is that when a player with certain name enters the map his worker has a custom skin. i think you guys get what I mean. for example for admins of a map they get to have their own skin. thx for the help beforehand

Level 2
ohhh that was kinda confusing for me lol and still have the problem of how to enter a person's name in the trigger?

Last edited:
Level 8
do something like this in the trigger where you create worker units.
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Name of (Picked player)) Equal to AdminName1
                  • (Name of (Picked player)) Equal to AdminName2
                  • (Name of (Picked player)) Equal to AdminName3
                  • (Name of (Picked player)) Equal to AdminName4
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Special Skin Worker for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Regular Skin Worker for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
Hint: replace AdminName1, AdminName2, 3, etc. with the names of the Admins you want. I trust you can figure out how to add more or delete some if needed. Replace "Special Skin Worker" with the unit-type that you want to give admins, and replace "Regular Skin Worker" with the unit-type you want to give regular players.

Level 2
I'm not sure If i understand the difference correctly but if models are the premade models in the WE then i'm using them.

Oh, btw thx alot maskedpoptart

Level 9
Nah, the only way to do this, is having 2 different models and if that Player plays, he gets the custom-unit type. 2 different models! Not only 2 different units.. Adding skins in-game with triggering is just impossible -for now-.

Actually its not impossible to add skins to units via triggers. One custom unit/model can use as much differents skin as you want.

Short describtion:

1. Convert the model to .mdl
2. Change its texture path to: "ReplaceableID 31,"
3. Convert back to .mdx
4. Import and add the unit in obejct editor
5. Create a copy of Warclub (ability) and set casting time to 0 and casting range to 0
6. Add the ability to the unit
7. Create a custom destructable based of a tree. Change its texture art to path of the skin you want.
8. Start game and try to use warclub on a tree.

I recommand you to look closer at this post:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=103071&highlight=swapping

Level 9
Everyone have to learn. And when we are talking about multiplayer maps, the size play a big role.
If you can decrese your map size with 200kb its a big victory. Just think how many icons you can import before it reach 200kb.

Its may sound confusing, but its not. And you'll learn alot of usefull things.

I will write a better and easier tutorial for this site tonight. If my girlfriend let me.

Level 2
Well, thx everyone for the help. I think I can do what MeKC told me. i know all the steps except changing the texture which I'm sure I can figure out. The Converting and importing and exporting is quite easy and the rest seems easy too. thx for the help again

Status
Not open for further replies.