• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

how to add hero glow to units, and how to change the path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
There are easier ways then what Sopho did

Basicaly, find Oinkerwinkle's mdl tools (No, I'm not helping you find them. They're in the MDL forum at WC3C), copy the glow geoset from a model with a hero glow, then geomerge the glow onto the other model with the "additive" method

Level 4
Mecheon said:
There are easier ways then what Sopho did

Basicaly, find Oinkerwinkle's mdl tools (No, I'm not helping you find them. They're in the MDL forum at WC3C), copy the glow geoset from a model with a hero glow, then geomerge the glow onto the other model with the "additive" method

The problem is that the glow models from my heroglow pack are like 1 a 5 kb each (and you only need the Glow and glowplus, not the rest unless you want specific ones) WHILE the other method is the models size (175kb or higher) ....which is totally inefficient ....That method is ONLY recommended if you alter the model and skin of the base model in sucha way that the addition of hero glow is justified...otherwise its not..

Level 2
How do i make this trigger apply to a unit that i will only build from an altar, cuz i only found how to apply it to a unit already on the map..
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.