• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How does one cause a unit to "slide"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
in maps like maze of sliding bunnies and polar escape, units slide on ice. how is that done? thanks in advance.

Level 22
some1 asked the same some days ago, for my way u need rects on the terrain though

Events
Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in 'a region placed on ice'((((Matching unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by ((Current movement speed of (Picked unit)) / 20.00) towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s walk animation

Level 22
1) thats ok

2) yea i forgot to write that, but i dont clean up leaks if the game doesnt take longer then 5 hours anway, u rly wont c the difference if its less then a 5 hour game

3) ofcourse u must do it by movespeed. in real life, a guy that runs on ice slides farther then some1 that walks on ice

Status
Not open for further replies.