• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you make computer controlled units cast AOE abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So what was the solution?

Would be nice for anyone else who might possibly run into this problem.

Level 12
LOL mckill!

That actually just gave me a fun idea for an in-game joke.

It'll give the player a heart-attack. Oh, I can have so much fun with an idea such as this, hehe.

Level 33
If you are making a boss fight, and you have multiple of players to fight the boss (2-3 Player-controlled unit VS Boss)
Use this trigger:

• Actions
    • Set AOE = (Units within 1000.00 of Boss matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Boss Equal to True))
    • Unit - Order Boss to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike (Position of (Random unit from AOE))
This will make the Boss cast a different and random position and will make the game more versatile, rather than targeting the same target

Level 8
From my experience of creating AI for my AOS map, all I need to do is turn on AI for the AI players, and make sure the units actually HAVE the spells and that they are leveled up (you could do this by triggers, or, if the unit is pre-placed on the map double click on it on the WE and set it to the spell's highest level, etc.). This works for autocasting spells too, tick the box that says "Autocast".

Then let her rip. Try it.

What I am not entirely sure of is the tab in Object Editor on the spell that says "Order String". I've been wondering if this is what you want the AI units to think of the spell or if it's something else. For instance if you created a custom spell based on Channel which traps units like one of those Lasso spells, maybe you should change the Order String to Lasso instead of leaving it blank so the units using it will treat it as a lasso spell and actually lasso people with it. But I could be wrong on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.