1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Vote for the best entries in the 13th Music Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Computer Controlled units casting spells.

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by 7oda, Jun 29, 2019.

1. 7oda

7oda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello there, hivers, It's been a long time since last I posted a question around here, and here I'm back to mapping again and of course many fundamentals were forgotten, so my question for now is as the title suggests, How to make computer controlled units cast spells?

2. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is it for a melee map? Also are they custom spells? The AI should cast custom spells if they are based on appropriate spells. See this tutorial for reference : Base abilities for custom spells cast by melee-game AI units
    If it's for a non-melee map, example a Boss Fight, RPG style, etc..., you can alternatively order the computer unit to cast the spell using this command for example :
    • Unit - Order (Unit X) to Mountain King - Storm bolt (Unit Y)

3. 7oda

7oda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, it's scenario-like type of a map with boss fights, the strange thing is that I had an old map where computer controlled units managed to cast spells freely without intervening, I tried to see what I did there (triggers, unit data) but I found nothing, anyways, what about AOE and channeling spells?