• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do you find polar offsets???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ehehe... I look at your question, I see it in the subject as well (identical) but I don't get what you mean. Tell us more about what you need to know. What don't you get? How to get a certain point into the Polar Projection or how to remove it? If you mean removing it as in leaks, then you will have to copy-paste the trigger, convert it to JASS, search for the place where the polar projection is and then just copy-paste until the next action.

Then, go back to your initial trigger and add the following Custom Script:

call RemoveLocation(stuff_you_copied)

~Daelin

Level 35
I mean like i need to know the points so that i can create special effects. There are so many people who make good spells because they know how to use those points like (0,-150) and it creats like something on the position of a unit. I would like to know the points cause creating regions for a point. Sorry if this is so confusing.

Level 11
Ohh... You mean create super cool effects on the ground like the following ones:

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=858&sid=5f021b32de5f135a7a042cd38c8dcfb6
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=837&sid=5f021b32de5f135a7a042cd38c8dcfb6
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=610&sid=5f021b32de5f135a7a042cd38c8dcfb6
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=733&sid=5f021b32de5f135a7a042cd38c8dcfb6

Ok, I'll give you a clue. Mathematic formulae... We mostly use loops, arrays and of course, polar offset. You use as a central point the position of the casting unit or the target point of ability being cast. But the rest is up to you. Depending on the FOR LOOP (Integer A) you can change the polar projection by making the distance and angle depend on the (Integer A). There isn't much I can explain. All I can tell you is to experiment. I for one don't know how to do something like the two flowers... No idea! But I neither tried.

~Daelin

Level 11
Sinus and cosinus are very good if you want to obtain serpent forms indeed. Tangent and cotangent can be used to obtain S shapes but they are not really useful. If you made these functions at math you know what I mean.

I for one am trying to master functions. In this way, parabols (uhh... how are they in english), those graphics at functions with a level greater than 1 are awsome.

~Daelin

Level 35
WOW, i have NO idea what both of you said except about the parabulas cuz im learning that in school! :lol: Well, to make a circle, you have to something like integer A x polar offset by 30 x integer B by 15 or something o_O I dont get this but i need to know my polar offsets so i can create wonderful circles without putting billions of regions on my map.

Level 11
Ok... to make circles is very simple. Let's take the following sequence... btw, // and /* */ are just comments.

FOR Loop (Integer A) from 1 to 180 do actions

//Blabla and now to explain only how to make the polar projectiom
(Position of (Casting Unit)) /*or Target Point of Ability Being Cast would work as well/* at 800 distance towards (Integer A)*2 degrees

What I did was create many many units (180 to be more specific in a circle. The formulae just makes it depend on the integer a and create an unit... if you made any trigonometry you would know the trigonometric circle. Or just consider 0 as being east. Now, It keep creating an unit from 2 to 2 grades. Results unit at 1,3,5,7,9...179 grades and they will look like a circle. The distance determines how big the circle is of course. Got it? Hope so.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.