• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do you create regions that aren't square/circle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How do you create regions that aren't square or circle in shape, either with, or without we unlimited.

Level 6
You can make a circular region using the convert - point with size to region, but my original question still hasn't been answered. Maybe there's another way to help fix my problem without using regions. Basically I just want certain creeps to spawn in certain areas, but none of my areas are rectangular in shape. So if someone could please tell me if there is a way to let my creeps spawn on a certain tile type or another way that would be great.

Level 6
Ok... I already made my map, and the regions are very strange shapes, like random curves everywhere, so if I created a square region, it would overlap onto another section of my map where I don't want those creeps to spawn. Using 12 or more small squares to create a combined region takes 2 long 2 do. Ya.

Level 1
First, I didn't know about that circle trick. Thanks that's good to know.

Second, sorry, I know of no way to create odd-shaped regions.

Third, I don't know how your map is set up so this may not help at all, but WE can read terrain type so if you're clever enough with your terraining you might be able to set up a condition that picks a random point in the regoin and then checks if it's the right terrain type. If the terrain type is wrong than pick a new point - thus a functional odd-shaped region. Again, there are countless scenarios where that wouldn't work the way you want it.

Level 6
Thx for trying 2 help, but that wont really help me either, because i have different level creeps spawning in different areas of my "troll forest" for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.