• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do u create a mana leak spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
add the target to a group and save its position in hashtable. do another trigger that picks every unit in the group every 0.06 seconds and reduces its mana based on the distance from its current position to the position in the hashtable. check if he still has manaleak buff (base it on a spell that gives a buff) if he doesnt have it, remove him from the group.

inb4 "how do i do all that?"

Level 7
add the target to a group and save its position in hashtable. do another trigger that picks every unit in the group every 0.06 seconds and reduces its mana based on the distance from its current position to the position in the hashtable. check if he still has manaleak buff (base it on a spell that gives a buff) if he doesnt have it, remove him from the group.

inb4 "how do i do all that?"

Not mana leak itself a spell that does something on the target each time he travels an x range.

EDIT: I know how to do those things

No, because you have not described accurately enough what you want to do. That's the point I tried to get through with my previuos posts.

I want to create a spell that reduces the armor of of the target each time he travels 100 range. Can u get it now?

Level 37
How do u create a mana leak spell?

This time ill be more specific. How do u create a spell that does something on the target every time he travels x range?

I just said: how do u create a rupture or mana leak spell from dota?

Not mana leak itself a spell that does something on the target each time he travels an x range.

I want to create a spell that reduces the armor of of the target each time he travels 100 range. Can u get it now?

So you want to have a mana leak spell or rupture from DotA that is not mana leak spell, it reduces armor instead or does "something" based on the distance travelled by the target.

Your request, which was very vaque to begin with, changes with every post you make.

I'm just trying to get a point through, the more effort you put in your request, the better spell you will get. Sure, I could do this spell for you if I even began to know what it is that you're trying to do. Now you're just wasting everyone's time.

A good starting point is to tell how many levels it has, maybe even mana cost, duration, is the effect capped somehow, is it single targeted, cooldown, do you have some effects in mind etc. And ofcourse what it actually does.

This is what I've gethered so far:

You cast it on a unit, and if the targeted unit moves, it's armor will get reduced the more it moves around.

Level 7
So you want to have a mana leak spell or rupture from DotA that is not mana leak spell, it reduces armor instead or does "something" based on the distance travelled by the target.

Your request, which was very vaque to begin with, changes with every post you make.

I'm just trying to get a point through, the more effort you put in your request, the better spell you will get. Sure, I could do this spell for you if I even began to know what it is that you're trying to do. Now you're just wasting everyone's time.

A good starting point is to tell how many levels it has, maybe even mana cost, duration, is the effect capped somehow, is it single targeted, cooldown, do you have some effects in mind etc. And ofcourse what it actually does.

This is what I've gethered so far:

You cast it on a unit, and if the targeted unit moves, it's armor will get reduced the more it moves around.

Exactly! 4 lvls, maybe 4/6/8/10 sec duration and dont worry about everything else ill modify them.

EDIT: THNX!
EDIT2: Ok i have drived to a conclusion: It reduces the target's armor by 0.5 for every 50 range they travel, ok? Add the first effects that come in your mind and ill change them.

Last edited:
Level 15
Exactly! 4 lvls, maybe 4/6/8/10 sec duration and dont worry about everything else ill modify them.

EDIT: THNX!
EDIT2: Ok i have drived to a conclusion: It reduces the target's armor by 0.5 for every 50 range they travel, ok? Add the first effects that come in your mind and ill change them.

If you keep going and changing your mind on every post i doubt you'll find someone eager to help you with your spell.

I think doom_sheep has already given the answer to you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.