• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do i use Skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
  • How to: Import a Skin provides some detail on this subject.

• [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]
    peonforum.gif
    Very first post Areyouhere? !ntroduce yourself to The Hive![/self]

• [EDIT] It may not be possible to use BOTH the original and an imported texture for the same exact unit without using some kind of metamorphosis ability/trigger. However, if you copy a unit you can then edit that custom unit's model to reference an alternative skin file.

Last edited:
Level 7
[EDIT] It may not be possible to use BOTH the original and an imported texture for the same exact unit without using some kind of metamorphosis ability/trigger. However, if you copy a unit you can then edit that custom unit's model to reference an alternative skin file.

yeah i ment using 2 units (having the same model) but a different skin on each

ty again

TDR

TDR

Level 18
thats really easy. Make a copy of the unit's mdx, then use this tool to change the texture in the mdx (replace the texture's name with the name of texture you want to apply). Then all you have to do is import that mdx and use it. Also make sure to import the texture and give it the same path you typed in the mdx. That's all.

Level 7
thats really easy. Make a copy of the unit's mdx, then use this tool to change the texture in the mdx (replace the texture's name with the name of texture you want to apply). Then all you have to do is import that mdx and use it. Also make sure to import the texture and give it the same path you typed in the mdx. That's all.

that makes sence
but i cant find the Naga models in the warcraft 3 viewer, is there any other way to extract the models info?

edit: nvm i think i got it

Level 2
Yeah well i dont really understand, srry im not very good in this kind of thing, but i'm not able to use it, even after readed the instruction i mean wut im suposed to do with that??

Nvm thx wolverabid and TDR now will just try find the skin i download coz i dont find them lol :s

Last edited:
Level 19
You know the import editor
import the skin there
double click on thing appeared after importing
check the use custom path
enter the texture path (should be given in download page of skin)

Level 32
How to: Find a skin's path and capture screenshots in WE is aniother helpful tutorial:
-Step 2: Texture Paths
Many people get confused on what paths to use for giving the unit the skin you wish to use, so I'll help out a bit more. First you open up Wc3viewer. Then in the treeview, click on .blp. Afterwards click through until you find the unit you want to skin (hint: sometimes it's found in textures). Once you have found it, look through and see which headings you went through to find that unit (example: units/creeps/medivh/medivh.blp or textures/herodemonhunter.blp). Another thing to remember is to always have the .blp at the end and that if you click on the name and another subcategory pops down, you have to repeat it ( example units/creeps/medivh/medivh.blp). If you need visual aid, heres a picture of what it could look like:

Now that you know the path, in WE, in import manager, rename the path from war3mapImported/(units name here) to the path that you wish depending on the unit. Now save, close, and open it back up. Now the unit should have the skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.