• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I unlock and use traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do I make it so that you step 2 runes then that unlocks a door?

Dont say it cant be done, because its in a level of Frozen throne.

Then How do I make traps do damage, I have seen it done in a level as well and want to know if anyone here knows how to do it?

Level 21
For your first question you need 2 booleans, if a guy steps on 1 rune the first boolean will be set to true, if the guy steps on the second rune the second boolean is set to true, then detect inside of both step triggers that if both booleans are true the door opens.

Second Question: For example a fire trap, set it on the ground (the doodad) and create a rect at the doodads point and detect each time when a unit enters the rect and apply damage then.

Level 21
Well, for a trap you need two aspects: the "trigger" (can be a rect maybe...), for now i take the rect as example, it is a fixed point on the map, i hope you know what a rect is, well, place the rect on the trap, then go to trigger editor and use when a unit enters the rect event, so you can refer later to the entering unit (which enters the "trap rect"), then you can apply effects(the second aspect) to the unit which has entered the trap rect through a dummy or a simple damage action.

Status
Not open for further replies.