• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

How do i make this abilitie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
how can i make this abilitie: fire bolt abilite searing with 2 bolts...
i mean so when i shot its coming 2 fire bolts

And also this abilite:
gandolf use abilite and area around him get killed :) with an effect cool effect when he use it thnx for the ansers.

And for example this abilitie aragorn use anduril sword whos bash in game and when he use bash he get blue light around him, when he uses it.

and also how do i make an unit translucent. And how i make an unit with an effect with light green light around him. For army of the death.

Level 29
Please describe your question with a bit more... words. Remember that we can't (sadly... or not sadly, its a matter of prespective) read your mind.

1. Create a dummy unit (with the Locust ability and your Fire Bolt ability) and order him to cast it on the target, so the hero casts one and the dummy one.

• Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of Point) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)

3. Use the Attachment Points blizzard nicely gave us in the Object Manager.

4. Didn't really get what you want.

Level 7
bj_wantDestroyGroup = true where do i find :S

How do i make this fire bolt with 2 bolts :S

Level 29
bj_wantDestroyGroup = true where do i find :S

That is called a Custom Script (its the third action) and is a one-line action from JASS.

That certain script is to remove a Unit Group leak.
If you don't know about leaks and how to remove them, look at the "Things That Leak" sticky (it doesn't really explain what are leaks thoguh).

How do i make this fire bolt with 2 bolts :S

I already answerd to that. If you don't know what are dummy units or the Locust ability, I suggest you to read some tutorials on making spells.

Level 7
ok where do i find good tutorial how to make spells :p

and is there any easier way to make this fire bold i mean i gona use the netural fire bolt abilite and make it fire 2 bolts instead of 1 only.

Level 29
Couldn't really find any tutorial about this topics :/

Anyway, a dummy is a unit that is usually created via a spell, does something, and then gets removed.
You will most likely like to give dummy units the 'Locust' ability which makes it Unselectable and Invulnerable. You would also probably like to change its model path to ".mdl" which will make it invisible, and remove its shadow.

Now give a dummy your Fire Bolt, and create something like this

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Firebolt (Neutral Hostile)
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Notice ! you must add the second condition or it will create a infinite loop untill the target will die.

Level 7
can u make me this abilite :p im so nub so i can look at it and load it into game :)
and how i make aragorn get blue light area around him when he use aduril sword

Level 19
Sorry I was just too much bored and ... well dont have a 2nd reason

To yobare: open trigger editor and add some triggers, test map, change them, test map etc...
Spells usually work with
Unit - Generic Unit Event (and select Unit Starts Effect of Ability in the green link) Event

may be someday you can become uberpro like me... No you cant

Status
Not open for further replies.