• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do i make ghost of a unit/hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
ok now i need to know the easiest way to make a ghost for a unit i saw that the ability called ghost dosent make all units ghost looking so how can i do that without modding? just tell me what you know. why am i asking so many questions? well most of them are for my big warcraft 3 project. enough about that so tell me the stuff

Level 8
Okay, so my understanding of this is that you want to have a phantom hero, that when she learns the ghost ability, she becomes transparent, correct? And maybe she becomes more transparent with each level of the ability. Do you want some effect associated with it like evasion?

Level 4
Okay, so my understanding of this is that you want to have a phantom hero, that when she learns the ghost ability, she becomes transparent, correct? And maybe she becomes more transparent with each level of the ability. Do you want some effect associated with it like evasion?

the phantom is like a dead hero here is his discription i can give atm ill be editing this too

movement type: Fly (his flying height is to the ground so when he walks it will make him walk anywhere)

abilities and buffs:
High ride ability: (allows the phantom to ride his steed to fly high into the air and move faster)
Deaths embrace buff: (You have embraced death and honed your skills 10% chance for critical hit 10% extra health and 2% extra defense 3% movement speed)
Ghost Perminant buff: (you are dead and can phass through trees units and otherthings and your movement is amphibious

Level 8
the phantom is like a dead hero here is his discription i can give atm ill be editing this too

movement type: Fly (his flying height is to the ground so when he walks it will make him walk anywhere)

abilities and buffs:
High ride ability: (allows the phantom to ride his steed to fly high into the air and move faster)
Deaths embrace buff: (You have embraced death and honed your skills 10% chance for critical hit 10% extra health and 2% extra defense 3% movement speed)
Ghost Perminant buff: (you are dead and can phass through trees units and otherthings and your movement is amphibious

okay, so I recommend instead of making your unit flying, that you just turn off the collision for your unit once your unit learns the ghost ability as well as changing the unit's transparency as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Level 33

Smells like Morted The Phantom Assassin suggestion, not original, not cool =D

And why not you request this buff/ability in my Spell Workshop since you've requested the WoW abilities

Level 8
Smells like Morted The Phantom Assassin suggestion, not original, not cool =D

And why not you request this buff/ability in my Spell Workshop since you've requested the WoW abilities

AY! not cool! I thought you were going to bed >:O
EDIT: just realized that was 12 hours ago, lol!

I was just making a point that vertex transparency has been done before :p
I too am a strong believer in original spells.

Level 6
Well heres a even better way that is not triggered for what you seem to be asking for... though it will only let you pass through units and usually the pathing won't be detected when units or you try to pass through another.

there is two versions of it, one is visible while the other seems like the effect you want.

I currently do not know if it is like permanent invisibility for I only tested this method quickly in single player.

Attachments

• non triggered effect i think you requested for....w3x
    16.9 KB · Views: 94
Level 4
Well heres a even better way that is not triggered for what you seem to be asking for... though it will only let you pass through units and usually the pathing won't be detected when units or you try to pass through another.

there is two versions of it, one is visible while the other seems like the effect you want.

I currently do not know if it is like permanent invisibility for I only tested this method quickly in single player.

just tried it and i couldnt find anything but ill look again. plz tell me what im looking for in the download, abilities? effects? where am i supposed to search? object editor? or somewhere else?

{EDIT}
if some one can make me what i need and save it as (all object data) then i can download it and use it

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
not sure what my version is so ill check it out i went to blizzard lately and did a full patch for reign and throne but ill check it out and get back to you

{EDIT 1}
mine says 1.24e now im checking the editor version

{EDIT 2}
aaahhh here is the problem the editor says version 1.21b so how can i fix that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.