• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How do i make an upgrade change a unit's creation speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have tried to find a way to make an upgrade change a unit's creation speed for a while now. Even checked the trigger editor for such option. Couldn't find anything that has to do with the unit's creation speed though. I might've not looked close enough, but does anybody know how to make an upgrade change a unit's creation speed (or any other stat not listed in the upgrade and trigger editors for that matter)?

Thanks in advance.

Level 4
Tried it now. Unfortunately, every time i click the building where the upgrade is researched my game crashes. Any solution?

EDIT: I've tried removing the upgrade to see what happens and it still crashes. Now i really have no idea what's going on here...

Level 12
One possibility could be that you make Footman1, Footman2, Footman3, etc.

All the units can have exact same text, since you can use the "editor suffix" textline to keep track of the units.

Footman1 = 30 sec speed
Footman2 = 20 sec speed
Footman3 = 10 sec speed

Then when the player researches the upgrade, change unit trained from footman1 to footman2.

IIRC it's possible to change units trained in a building via triggers.

Level 4
One possibility could be that you make Footman1, Footman2, Footman3, etc.

All the units can have exact same text, since you can use the "editor suffix" textline to keep track of the units.

Footman1 = 30 sec speed
Footman2 = 20 sec speed
Footman3 = 10 sec speed

Then when the player researches the upgrade, change unit trained from footman1 to footman2.

IIRC it's possible to change units trained in a building via triggers.

Yeah i did that with my unit and but used the Berserker Upgrade instead of triggers. It's working fine, and the game crashed because of a small error i've made.

Thanks for everyone's help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.