• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(how do i make an item with passive and spell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ok.... im not sure where this goes i am sorry but i am trying to make an item
that has a passive 20% bash which then if u click it, it makes a 300 aoe slow aura and a 160 aoe radiance (damage over time like immolation) which lasts for 20 seconds with a 120 cd.

any help would be appreciated iv been messing around tring to make this but it hasnt worked well....:sad:

Ok, here goes...

1. Make an ability based off the bash ability and change hero ability to false and item ability to true. Play around with the values all you want, but you don't have to bother at all with tooltips by the way.

2. Make an ability based off slow aura. This time change hero ability to false, but don't make it an item ability. Play around with the values again, don't need tooltips.

3. Make an ability based off permanent immolation, play around with values.

4. Make an ability based off spellbook, add previous 2 spells to it, disable it. No need to add a tooltip.

5. Make an item, give it your new bash ability, make sure you check item can be actively used.

6. Make a trigger which goes like this:
Events:
A unit uses an item
Conditions:
Item type of item being manipulated equal to your item
Actions:
Add your spellbook ability to hero manipulating item
Wait 20 seconds
Remove your spellbook ability from hero manipulating item

Hope I helped

Status
Not open for further replies.