• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do I make a research available to each unit? {single unit upgrade}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How do I make a research available to each building, and even after one building researches it, it can still be researched by another building?
I need this for a map I'm making, its for a bank. When you use this research the
unit gets replaced with bank lvl 2. Any help would be outstanding!

Ham

Ham

Level 5
could you explain a bit better? do u want a buiding reseach something just for that building and no other ones? if so have u tried independent reserachs (different ability for each building)

Level 4
:grin::grin:Thanks for the quick reply!

Basically, I want a building and its a bank. I want a research upgrade type thing, like improved masonry for example. Except it only affects the building that uses the upgrade. Now, even once that building uses the upgrade, another building of the same type can research it for itself.
I already have the trigger that replaces the building when the research is done, so I just need the ability to be separate for each building!
:csmile:

Ham

Ham

Level 5
well it's actually not an ability, it's an upgrade (last tab of object editor) you just could make an upgrade different for each unit , but i think it's better if u make another unit (upgraded one) and upgrade (morph) it like keep to castle. don't you think?

+rep if i helped you, mark it as solved if it is just by saying "solved"

Status
Not open for further replies.