• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do i make a ability that take critical damage on just a special unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This is the problem: I am making abilitys and trying to take the *Critical strike* and change it so it just make critical damage on a special unit.

(Sorry for my english xD)
i meen like this: A spearman should do critical damage on cavalry and not soldiers on foot. Thats what i meen. But i dont know how to make it.

Can you help me?

Level 11
If a unit-type attacks, check if a critical strike can occur, add it to the attacking unit and remove it right after that.

Level 4
Or you could just make them so certain amour types take more damage from certain attack types, like in, element tower defense for example, change the image of the amour, and the attack type, and change the damage increase/decrease for certain units, If you know what I mean

Level 7
Adding critical strike abilite when the units attacks his rival and then removing it can make problems, and alot of them.

You can detect damage to all units that are effected by this thing and then have check who is the attacking and the attacked unit, then use the trigger to damage the unit more, to represent the critical.

Level 7
ok, but can you put more description please xD
do you meen i should put triggers or wich parameter do you meen? In object editor?
Or what should i do?

And what do you meen with tbe armor type affect with the demolish?
Can i change it on the objcet editor?

And thank you for helping me +rep for that! :)

Level 8
I mean in the object editor, under the Demolish spell, there is a field for what type of units it affects. I don't remember if it is armor type or classification. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure it is classification. You can set it to 'ancients' or whatever classification you wish and make sure you add the classification to the Cavalry (using the object editor of course).

Level 7
I mean in the object editor, under the Demolish spell, there is a field for what type of units it affects. I don't remember if it is armor type or classification. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure it is classification. You can set it to 'ancients' or whatever classification you wish and make sure you add the classification to the Cavalry (using the object editor of course).

Ah! Now i understand xD
thank you very much!
If you do this though, you have to make sure other units can hit it as well.

Ok, i think i know what kercyn meens, i had that problem before but i have learn a little about it.
He meens if the cavalry is *Ancients* the other units cant attack it, and then we have to put a *ancient* type to the *attack target*

Was it that you meen?

Last edited:
Level 11
Yeah, that's what I meant. You have to make sure every other unit can attack Ancients, or Mechanical or whatever :)

Status
Not open for further replies.