• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I create masks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Yes, as the title says, how do I create masks?
Ive searched for it but I cant find any turtorial about it.

Level 3
I mean masks that covers the screen in wc3. And what I wanted to know is the size of it and such things.

Level 3
I mean filters or layers and I got Photshop, all I need to know his; How do I import filters and wich filesize and imagesize should it be?

Standard filters used in warcraft 3 are 512x512. They are resized and usually stretched in-game though to fit the screen. However, I believe you can use a high-res larger version for better sizing, but it will still probably be messed up/stretched a bit (and it will be a much bigger size)

You import them as a BLP (you might be able to use TGA as well) file and just use them by using an "Imported" value in your fade filter rather than the other mask. Alternatively, you can just use a custom script:
  • Custom script: call CinematicFadeBJ( bj_CINEFADETYPE_FADEOUTIN, FadeDuration (in seconds), "war3mapImported\\myFilter.blp", red%, green%, blue%, alpha% )
(I used a BJ for the sake of simplicity) FadeDuration is how long the fade is, bj_CINEFADETYPE_FADEOUTIN is the fade type (it will fade out and then back in), "war3map..." is the path of your file, RGBA% is the red, green, blue, and alpha percentage of the colors in the filter. 0% is none of that color and 100% is all of that color. Generally, you can just use "Convert to Custom Text", copy and paste, and then use it in your trigger, but replace the part contained in double quotes. "string path"

EDIT: For a better explanation:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/fading.php

Status
Not open for further replies.