• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do i attach stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
With the expert modelers ive seen here i recently tried to try out some of the attachment stuff but with no luck for the fact im not sure how to exactly do it. Can the War3model editor help with that? do i have to make a ability?
Or do i need a different editor??

Thanks for your help.
P.S if it is a ability could you possible give me the info in example terms to get it attached. ive seen some pics of their models with custom items.

hey,so how do u attach stuff.There s also an easier way.Make a custom ability and at Art-Target Attachment there set the model
then there are 6 Target Attachment Point 1,2,3,4,5,6(6 of them) and after them there s a Target Attachments.Set that to 1.Then at Target Attachment Point 1 set the point
There are some strings -for right hand add 2 strings,1 with "right" and 1 with "hand",for left hand is left,right foot is right,foot,chest,head,etc... if it doesn t work like this it will sure work like this.put the body part before the direction
IF YOU DON T WWANT EXPLENATION HERE S WITHOUT
Art-Target Attachment model-...,Art-Target Attachment Point-hand,left,Art-Target Attachments-1 on an ability

Level 3
Before u get the attachments, be sure to have the appropiate models. I mean, it will be horrible if u'll attach a weapon to a unit that already has one (Ex. grunt, wolf raider, footman). The unit also needs a good and proper animation to use this weapon. If u attach a bow to a unit with only melee attack animation, it will sux. Got it?
A good model for attachments is the Blue Knight and Skeletal RPG Hero, u can find 'em in the site.
Hope this will help you and good luck with your RPG :D
you can PM me if you have any questions, I have a lot exp making W3 maps and RPG's

Status
Not open for further replies.