• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

HOW DO I ADD WEAPONS TO WEAPONLESS MODELS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i was making a semi large kick butt map, butt, i was working with the red chief_1, butt he doesn't have any weapons. ATT ALL!! please help

Level 3
goth54325_3 said:
you attach other models to it at left hand right hand chest feet head etc.

HOW? in object editor, cause i dont think u can do that in ubject editor, and if its in gmax, well, i cant load ANTHING except gmax files from my pc.....help :mrgreen:

Level 6
well....for example create an ability (passive) and set values (if ability heal set healing value to 0 etc) to 0 then look into art - model file and change it to imported file(this weapon or what u want) now change attachment for left hand/right hand and done
this is easier but u have to make this to weapons i think u will realize how to do it

Level 3
Ramza said:
Trigger Editor:

Special Effect on unit
attachments: hand(,left, right)origin, foot(,left, right) head, overhead, chest(,left, right). (sprite first, second, third (blood mage)

Object Editor

Make custom ability of 'Sphere' and fill in ur attachments and effects

?huh? how i do that, i cant find "special effect on unit", it is so confusing

Level 22
If u dont even know where the special effects triggers are, then how can u make a kick butt map? 8)

just go to actions and then press 's' then u come to the sounds => now go down till u get at the special effects

PS: If Sonic is right these triggers wont work. Ull have to ask some1 to make attachment points or just add weapons to the model

The easiest way is;

Take a copy of an Aura, f.ex. Vampiric Aura.
Then set all the values you are sure has to do with the original to 0 (Zero). Then make the ability invisible for the player. (Can't remember exactly right now how to.. 3 Months since last time I did it.) Now.. you have done the main work. A spell that does absolutely nothing, and doesn't show up. Make sure it is a unit ability, or item ability. Depending on how you want to attach the weapon, is it a item you have to pick up, you have to make it a item ability, and attach it to an item. If it is a permanent attachment, use a unit ability. At the line it says something with attachment, put in your custom weapon from import. And under it it should say Attachment Point 1, put it in the hand you want (righthand, lefthand, weapon(if the model has one..)) Now, last step - put the spell into the units spell list, and you're finished.

But as Sonic explains.. this model has no attachment points, and won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.