• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] How do i add stun effect on chain abilities with trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I can't add stun effects on chain ablilities (Forked Lightning, Healing Wave etc.).
Can someone help me? I'm new.

The effects of abilities in warcraft 3 are hardcoded, therefore you can not achieve the wanted effect with object Editor alone.

You have to order an hidden uncontrolable unit to stun targets which would be hit by the chain lightning using a storm bolt clone.
There are also easy to use stun systems in the spell section which allow such stunning with 3-to 4 actions after copying them to your map.

To hook into chain lightning there are 2 options. Both have pros and cons.

One is to let the real spell (the one dealing damage) be casted by a dummy, then use an on damage event to apply the stun when the dummy was the damage source. cause then you have a safe situation in which you know this is the chain lightning producing a stun.

Second is like pyrogasm said, recreate the whole spell or mimic the targeting with code /GUI.

Chain Lightning jumps every 0.25 seconds, the jump target is always the nearest visible enemy not already hit by that spellcast (if your spell is magical you need to filter out spell immune units).

Forked Lightning, hits instantly the x nearest units to the target (like chaing lightning if magical filter out spell immune).

chain healing jumps every 0.25 seconds, the jump target is the one with most lost life in range not beeng affected by that spell cast already. Unsure what happens if there are multiple units with same amount of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.