• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can you find the AbilityID's for CustomKeys.txt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I know how to use CustomKeys.txt, however I've had trouble finding out how to get the AbilityID's for the button I want to switch. Can anyone help me by telling me how to find the ability ID's for the buttons I want?

The keys are custom, and I've seen them before using View>Display Values as Raw Data. They look a little like this:

A00X:Absp

Which I don't understand at all. Which part do I put into the CustomKeys.txt to make them editable? I've tried multiple combinations but with no success.

Level 1
I know how to use CustomKeys.txt, however I've had trouble finding out how to get the AbilityID's for the button I want to switch. Can anyone help me by telling me how to find the ability ID's for the buttons I want?

The keys are custom, and I've seen them before using View>Display Values as Raw Data. They look a little like this:

A00X:Absp

Which I don't understand at all. Which part do I put into the CustomKeys.txt to make them editable? I've tried multiple combinations but with no success.
I am also having this problem, did you find any solution?

Level 1
Hi! I feel very strange posting a response about CustomKeys.txt (as I used them for playing DotA Allstars) but anyway. I will describe my own use-case below.

When DotA got a new release sometimes skills were changed/added/removed. I used QWER for hero skills so I altered my CustomKeys.txt manually. Here's my little instruction:
1. Backup your existing CustomKeys.txt which is kept in wc3 dir. Let it be CustomKeys.txt.bkp.
2. Download attached file CustomKeysAllA.txt, rename it to CustomKeys.txt and place it to wc3 dir.
3. Run wc3, pick desired unit and find an ability you're interested in.
4. Instead of ability name you will see a skill code, something like A123.
5. Then you can open your backed up version and add/alter the ability.

You can open the attached file using Notepad and you will see all the combinations for A*** abilities.
I've decided to put it here as this thread is the top-most result in Google for "CustomKeys get skill id" request :peasant-grin:

Attachments

• CustomKeysAllA.txt
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.