• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can i prevent unit enters structure while building?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
If you want to hide the ability in the units ui you can set the button positions to:
Button X: 0
Button Y: -11

Hold shift while pressing the Object Editor value to allow setting it to any value as well as ticking the "Allow negative real values in Object Editor" in File > Preferences > General

Note: Setting these button positions may be unsafe for mac users and crash the game. I am not 100% that is still the case.
The hiding ability with Spell Book method does not seem to work.

Level 21
^ When using 1.31+ you can now hide abilities via triggers too.
Not too sure, but i think the mac crash has been fixed by now.

Level 19
Hide ability works with the Repair (Human) ability too?

I tried it but then I must have done something different or wrong because it didnt work for me. I mean it worked, but the hidden ability didnt allow to further construction on buildings as usual. Or am I confusing it with enable/disable ability? How to find Hide/Show ability in actions?

Nvm found it by using the search for text but I still cant get the worker to further construction on the building with the ability hidden, it seems to just be a copy of enable/disable ability but for a single unit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.