• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] How can I make this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Hi guys. I want to create a spell like this:
A hero send 5 lightning spirit to the target, creating a shield to protect it. Each natural spirit grants him bonus hp regen and block damage for him (by saying block damage, I mean it will heal the target before the target takes damage). When the shield is destroyed (it's destroyed when reach the total damage block or duration is over), the spirits will fly to random enemies within 450 range of the target, deal damage to them base on the damage block of the spirit. HP regen and damage block increase per level.
LVL 1: 1 hp regen per spirit, 30 damage block per spirit. (Total of 5 hp regen and 150 damage block).
LVL 2: 1.5 hp regen per spirit, 45 damage block per spirit. (Total of 7.5 hp regen and 225 damage block).
LVL 3: 2 hp regen per spirit, 60 damage block per spirit. (Total of 10 hp regen and 300 damage block).
LVL 4: 2.5 hp regen per spirit, 75 damage block per spirit. (Total of 12.5 hp regen and 375 damage block).
Duration: 20 second. Cooldown: 12s (Means that I can have 2 targets at the same time).
Example: I have this spell lvl 3 on the unit. It takes more than 300 damage and the shield is destroyed. The spirit fly to a random enemy within 450 range of the target and deal 60 damage per spirit when impact.
Hope I make it clear enough. XD

Last edited:
Level 20
Anyway, it explains what he wants :p Remove a Dummy every 50 dmg and reduce the Hp regen ability every time the dummy dies :p

Level 20
You need a Damage Detection System, and a Hashtable or an Indexing System, then just handle the values.

The dummy circular movement is easy too, you can search around for warcraft triggered movement.

The regen is also easy with a single ability :p

Probably defskull will make a testmap as he ussually does with the answer to this :p

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
I hope so. Unit Indexing System and Damage Detection System are already in my map. But I'm not very good at using them. >.<. Hope Defskull will have a test map for me. :D

Level 20
These values and effects seems a little low and simple for me... 250 damage is dealt pretty fast; 2 or 3 hits and ¡boom!...

Suggestion:
I would give some other effect, like after getting each dummy damage interval (50 you said) make it fly towards the damage dealer and explode on it dealing that amount (50) in AoE and freezing targets for 2 seconds; also scaling the regeneration by 0.5 each level per dummy (0,5 - 1 - 1.5 - 2) and scale damage taken and dealt aswell (20 - 40 - 60 - 80); Also, I wouldn't make the dummy block the damage; but rather heal the unit when the damage has already been dealt.

Level 20
Yeah, I know it depends on balance :) But still, I take Dota as a good balanced map with comprehensible amounts of armor, hp, damage, regen and abilities like that.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
These values and effects seems a little low and simple for me... 250 damage is dealt pretty fast; 2 or 3 hits and ¡boom!...

Suggestion:
I would give some other effect, like after getting each dummy damage interval (50 you said) make it fly towards the damage dealer and explode on it dealing that amount (50) in AoE and freezing targets for 2 seconds; also scaling the regeneration by 0.5 each level per dummy (0,5 - 1 - 1.5 - 2) and scale damage taken and dealt aswell (20 - 40 - 60 - 80); Also, I wouldn't make the dummy block the damage; but rather heal the unit when the damage has already been dealt.
Seem very interesting to me. Okay then, I'll change the skill description.
EDIT: Already changed. Read the first post again to see it. Thks for giving me ideas.

Level 20
I don't know how to do the "block damage" part, it's tricky and have never been able to achieve it :/ But I can do the rest or do it as I suggested, not blocking the damage, but healing the target once it's dealt for each spirit) (WHen the spirit goes flying to the nearest target it heals the unit it's at)

Level 20
Yes: You learning JASS. It's pretty easy.

I'm making it in a really easy way to customize so you don't really need to understand what's going on. In worst cases, I put a lot of comments to make reference to the GUI actions i'm using on the script (Notice that GUI is the Graphic Interface of JASS, so it's the same, only that JASS allows several improvements to GUI properties)

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Okay. I'm going to learn JASS (Worst case here). =)). Although I'm still learning GUI but now I have to learn JASS too. >.<. What a pity.

Level 20
I already made the dummies circle around the target and also heal the target (and near units. I'ts a regen aura that the dummies have with small range, small enough to prevent nearby units to be healed by it)

I'm trying to figure out how to to make the dummies fly away when damage cap is reached...

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Make it something like this (Dont know how to do it but can explain to u a way):
+Set a real variable as a damage the target have taken. This variable will increase every time the target takes damage until it reaches the maximum damage
+Create a trigger (or JASS :D) with this Event: Game - (the above variable) equal to damage cap (damage cap should be variable too).
Action: Pick a random unit within range of the target and do action:
Unit - order dummy unit to move to the picked unit.
When distance between dummy and picked unit equal to 0, deal damage to them and remove the dummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.