• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How can i make this doodad always visible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/lava-222317/?prev=search=lava&d=list&r=20

The doodad isnt visible the second it leaves your screen so the issue im having is that its giant so if i place multiples they overlap and look weird the second both come into sight but if i place 1 its only visible while im near it during night and slightly further during day.

Can anyone tell me how i can make 1 giant doodad that is always visible even out of sight range? If i just check always visible in fog of war its still greyed out even if its always visible.

Level 21
The answer you're looking for is called far Z or camera clipping or something like that.
Warcraft doesn't render models that are farther from the current camera than this.

Note that increasing this number can have issues (lag from showing more models) and that there is a limit (10 000?)

Status
Not open for further replies.