• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can i make my normal unit gain XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
We all know that Hero unit can be changed models and be like any other kind of unit,,

so what i am aiming now is to make my normal units gain xp and level up, without using heroes as base..

coz heroes icons can be seen on the left side of the screen and will flood my screen if you have 10 or more units owned,,,

1)Is it possible to hide the icons for specific type of hero?
If i use heroes as a base, i need to hide the icons not to flood my screen.

2) any triggers that i can manipulate to edit this?
Still no idea for this one.

3)I want them to level up to level 30 only but my game constant will stay at 99 for my main hero to go as high 99.

4)Any suggestion is welcome.

Level 28
1)Is it possible to hide the icons for specific type of hero?
If i use heroes as a base, i need to hide the icons not to flood my screen.
Yes, you can hide a hero's portrait in the Unit Editor --> Stats - Hero - Hide Hero Interface Icon = True
so what i am aiming now is to make my normal units gain xp and level up, without using heroes as base..
I don't think this is possible unless you want to make multiples copies of the unit-type with different levels and use triggers to replace them in-game. As for the exp gain, you will probably need to use a custom exp system for that.

Level 7
Yes, you can hide a hero's portrait in the Unit Editor --> Stats - Hero - Hide Hero Interface Icon = True..

Ill try this one.....

Thanks..

I will. Also check the link @Pyrogasm

Thanks

Edited...
Thanks for replies i solved it..
@Pyrogasm link was nice and checked it but it was so complex..

Ive tried the @Warseeker hide method and works.
I even hide the hero death mssg and hero in a map.. Thnks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.