• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I get a unit after transformation as an event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Before reforged, it was possible to get a unit event that entered. However, this is not possible in the current version. How can I get a unit event transformed units and untransformed units?
Any advice is welcome.

Level 6
When you're transforming units with an ability (like Gargoyle Form) then why not try 'When unit casts an ability'?

Of course I tried this but it didn't.

To explain more precisely the trigger I want, I want delete a specific skill on the unit after the transform and also delete the specific skill on the unit after the untransformed.
base transform skill is chemicalrage.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Before reforged, it was possible to get a unit event that entered. However, this is not possible in the current version.
No events were removed between 1.31 and 1.32.
To explain more precisely the trigger I want, I want delete a specific skill on the unit after the transform and also delete the specific skill on the unit after the untransformed.
base transform skill is chemicalrage.
Try disabling ability permanence. The ability should be lost when the unit morphs.

Level 6
No events were removed between 1.31 and 1.32.

It's different because I moved from 1.28.5 to reforged. Anyway, in 1.28.5, entered unit could detect transformed units.

Try disabling ability permanence. The ability should be lost when the unit morphs.

It doesn't work :( Maybe because of the nature of ability I'm trying to get rid of.
I am using the passive stealth ability of the Goblin Mines. Because its collision ignore effect is very useful for my map. The side effect of this, is that the unit automatically becomes invisible when it dies. but this can be solved by deleting the unit's ability.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It's different because I moved from 1.28.5 to reforged. Anyway, in 1.28.5, entered unit could detect transformed units.
So you are saying that the "unit enters region" event no longer detects morphs?

I am pretty sure this was always the case, although it would detect "replaced" units since the action to replace unit literally removes the old unit and creates a new one rather than transforming the existing one.

I suggest looking for custom event systems. They might have a way to detect morphs such as due to changing states of defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.